2020 National Night Out Update
We are exploring holding this year's National Night Out virtually. Contact us by Monday, August 3 at 5 pm if you're interested in holding a party virtually.
National Night Out is set for Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Neighborhoods throughout the City of Pflugerville join forces with thousands of communities nationwide for National Night Out on the first Tuesday of each October. National Night Out is supported by the National Association of Town Watch and in part by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Last year’s National Night Out campaign involved citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations, and local officials from 16,940 communities from all 50 States, US Territories, and military bases worldwide. In all, 38.9 million people participated in National Night Out last year! The City of Pflugerville placed 2nd in the State of Texas and 13th nationally. Our goal this year is to place in the top 10 nationally and first in Texas for our population group.
Be sure your community is part of the nation’s largest, annual crime and drug prevention event!
National Night out is important because it:
- Heightens crime and drug awareness
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs
- Strengthens neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
- Sends a message to criminals to let them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
Along with the traditional display of outdoor lights and front porch vigils, cities, towns, and neighborhoods celebrate National Night Out with a variety of events and activities such as block parties, cookouts, visits from local police and fire department, parades, flashlight walks, contests, and youth programs. This event has proven to be an effective, inexpensive and enjoyable program to promote neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships in our fight for a safer nation. Plus, the benefits your community will derive from National Night Out will, most certainly, extend well beyond the one night.
Organize a Block Party - It's Easy to Do!
- Get together and decide on a place. One or two families can plan and rotate each year
- Send out a flyer/email/poster to your neighbors
- Complete a Registration Form for your party and submit it to the Pflugerville Police Department so police, city officials, and other emergency personnel can visit your party!
- Everyone brings snacks, drinks, hot dogs or just yourselves
- Gather on National Night Out at the designated spot
- Get to know your neighbors and have a BLAST!
What to submit to us for your NNO Party
Before the Event
- Register your event with us to receive materials and a visit from law enforcement.
During the Event
- Take lots of pictures of your event to include neighbors along with law enforcement, firefighters and EMS all together with an NNO sign or logo in the photo.
- Make sure the pictures contain the NNO sign or flyer that is readable
After the Event
- Submit all photos, press clippings, flyers, newsletters and other promotional materials to OCL@pflugervilletx.gov.
- Participants can download 'Phonto' onto their smart phones, which will allow for titles to be added.
Help strengthen law enforcement and citizen contact. Your cooperation makes our community a safer place to live.
For further information:
Office of Community Liaison
Pflugerville Police Department
P.O. Box 679
Pflugerville, Texas 78691
Physical address for large packages
1611 East Pfennig Lane
Pflugerville, Texas 78660