Since launching in December 2017, the Blue Guardian program has created a partnership between the Pflugerville Police Department and foster children. The Pflugerville program originated with a partnership with the Texas Baptist Children's Home (TBCH) and expanded to include the Refuge Ranch in Bastrop in 2018.
The program, which was created by Chief Robledo during her time as Assistant Chief of the Austin Police Department originated in Austin with police officers meeting with foster children to build bridges and relationships.
Sixteen officers from all ranks within the Pflugerville Police Department have registered as mentors in the program. Round Rock Police Department has also joined in the efforts to reach out to the TBCH children.
- TBCH youth have volunteered on delivery day for Blue Santa.
- Blue Guardians and the youth play basketball together on a regular basis.
- Blue Guardians have attended various holiday events and snack get-togethers at the TBCH.
- Blue Guardians have connected with Georgetown Behavioral Hospital and sponsored Christmas for the children.
- Blue Guardians have connected with Foster Angels of Central Texas and donated back to school supplies and backpacks.
- Blue Guardians have connected with The Refuge Ranch in hopes of sponsoring youth for holidays and birthdays.
Community members have already contributed to Pflugerville’s Blue Guardian efforts to show their support for this new partnership. The police department would like to thank the Cogburn Family Foundation and St. Chubby Golf Memorial for donating resources to provide a firm foundation for Pflugerville’s new Blue Guardian chapter.
For more information on this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org