The Motorcycle Unit of the Pflugerville Police Department is responsible for responding to traffic-related problems throughout the city and supporting patrol officers.
Motorcycle officers are assigned to a shift different than other units and are responsible for:
- Enforcing traffic laws and responding to collisions
- Supporting patrol by assisting with call load and backups
- Performing traffic and security functions for special events and VIP guests
- Supporting the Honor Guard with funeral ceremonies inside the city of Pflugerville
- Attending out-of-town funerals
The Pflugerville Police Department has two motorcycle officers assigned to the Motorcycle Unit. Motorcycle positions are specialized and vacancies are filled by trained commissioned police officers employed by the Pflugerville Police Department for a two-year commitment.
Training and Education
All officers assigned to the motorcycle unit have to successfully complete a Basic Police Motorcycle Course and an on-road instruction course. Each officer assigned to the motorcycle unit must attend a re-certification course each year. Each motorcycle unit officer must have a minimum of two years of continuous service as a commissioned officer of the Pflugerville Police Department before being assigned to the motorcycle unit.