Pflugerville 911, Fire, Police & Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Communications, also called Dispatch, is a division with the primary function to satisfy the immediate communication needs of the agencies in their daily activities and during emergencies.
The group conveys information from the public to the Department through communications personnel, to the officer who responds to the call for assistance, to other law enforcement and public service agencies and to information storage facilities and retrieval systems.
All dispatchers complete an intensive 16-24 week training program.
There are several ways to view or receive emergency notifications from the Pflugerville Police Department.
You are encouraged to sign up for Nixle emergency text-alert notifications or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Linkedin. Sign up and Connect.
Text to 9-1-1: Call if you Can, Text if you Can't
Text to 9-1-1 service is available in Pflugerville as part of a region-wide program through the Capital Area Council of Governments. Keep in mind that it's always better to call 9-1-1 when possible.
When should someone text 9-1-1?
- The caller cannot speak due to a threat, illness or medical condition.
- The caller has poor reception and can only send out a text message.
- Phone lines and cell phone towers are overwhelmed and only texts can get through.
Please visit capcog.org/text911 for more info, including a list of cell phone service providers that allow this function, limitations of the system and other helpful tips.
How to text to 9-1-1:
- Enter the numbers “911” in the “To” field.
- The first text message to 9-1-1 should be brief and contain the location of the emergency and type of help needed.
- Push the send button.
- Be prepared to answer questions and follow instructions from the 9-1-1 call taker.
- Text in simple words – do not use abbreviations.
- Keep text messages brief and concise.
- Once you have initiated a Text to 9-1-1 conversation, do not turn off your phone until the dispatcher tells you it is okay to do so.
- 911 for Kids
It is increasingly important to educate children on the use and function of 911 and emergency services. Please visit www.911forkids.com for information and fun activities for children.
Supervisor on Duty
Pflugerville Justice Center
1611 E. Pfennig Lane
Pflugerville, TX 78691
512-990-6700 option 0
Civilian Director: Bill Gibbens email@example.com
Questions about 911 or Police Dispatch Service? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org