PFLUGERVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Effective April 21, 2017
- The following information will explain the Pflugerville Police Department hiring process
- There are several steps in the process that each applicant must pass before receiving an offer of employment
- Applicants who do not meet the Minimum Requirements will be disqualified
- Applicants should review the Applicant Disqualifiers link before applying for a position with the Pflugerville Police Department
- Applicants who meet minimum requirements and do not have a disqualifier should complete the steps below
Step 1: Online Application
- Individuals who are interested in applying will need to complete an online application.
- Online Applications will be placed in a queue and reviewed in the order they are received.
- Applicants who pass the initial application process will be emailed four forms to complete and return to the Recruiting Office (1. Authorization for Release of Information 2. Preliminary Interview Form 3. Disqualifier Form 4. Personal History Statement - Due on first date of testing).
- Along with these documents, the Applicant must also submit an Experian Credit Report.
- All pre-testing documents must be completed and returned prior to the testing date.
- Applicants who do not pass the application process will receive an email notifying them of the disqualification and time period associated with the disqualifier.
Step 2: Testing
- Applicants who complete the Online Application and complete the Pre-Testing Documents by the date expected will receive an invitation to attend the Testing Process.
- Applicants must arrive at the Pflugerville Police Department (Pflugerville Justice Center) by 08:30 a.m. on the date of Testing
- Applicants who do not arrive on time will be disqualified
- Applicants will complete a written examination (Standard & Associates National Police Officer Selection Test)
- Applicants who pass the written exam will proceed to the physical fitness testing
Step 3: Physical Fitness Testing
- Applicants will be required to complete and pass the following physical testing to proceed in the process:
- One mile run
- Refer to the following link for physical fitness testing minimal standards (link to)
Step 4: Oral Board
- Applicants who pass the physical testing will then proceed to an Oral Board
- Applicants may complete all testing on the same day or may be required to return for Oral Boards depending on the number of passing applicants
- Applicants should wear formal attire for their Board
- The Oral Board will be a panel of Pflugerville Police Officers with varying ranks from Officer to Lieutenant.
- Questions asked will give Applicants an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities considered basic attributes of a Police Officer<
- Top Applicants from the process will continue with a background investigation.
Step 5: Background Investigation
- Applicants who are chosen will undergo a complete background investigation using the Personal History Statement that is turned in on the date of testing.
- It is recommended that the Applicant begin completing the Personal History Statement and obtaining required documents immediately upon receiving the packet.<
Step 6: Conditional Job Offer
- Once the Applicant passes the background investigation he or she may be offered a position contingent on satisfactorily passing the following:
- Medical / Physical Examination
- Drug Screening
- Psychological Examination
- Firearms Qualification
- Chief’s Interview
Sgt. Kurk Anderson