Request to identify suspect
Pflugerville Police seek the public’s assistance to identify a suspect who on December 12, 2018, stole more than $1000 from an elderly man in his upper 60’s who withdrew money from a bank and then put the money in his car. The elderly man reentered the bank and the suspect smashed the driver-side window of the victim’s vehicle and stole the withdrawal. The suspect is described as a young black male in his 20’s with a thin beard and mustache.
Jugging is when a criminal watches for a person using an ATM machine or withdrawing cash at a bank to then rob them of their withdrawal. Sometimes the victim is followed from the bank to their destination.
The Pflugerville Police Department offers the following recommendations to avoid becoming a victim:
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of suspicious people when at banks or ATM machines.
- Do not leave valuables in vehicles, including cash.
- If making a cash withdrawal, secure the cash in a wallet or purse prior to exiting the bank or store.
- Do not count cash openly in public areas.
- If you encounter someone suspicious, re-enter the bank or store and call the police.
Anyone with information about this suspect should call the Criminal Investigation Division Tip Line at 512-990-6731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the WhoDunIt page at https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/whodunit for other photos of suspects in need of identification.